Learn how to protect yourself from overdraft and bounced check fees. The Federal Reserve Board explains how overdrafts and bounced checks occur and how you can avoid them. You can learn more about draft protection on their online site.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation preserves and promotes public confidence in the U.S. financial system by insuring deposits in banks at thrift institutions. Their consumer news provides issues and articles that educate the public on safe banking practices. Check out their tips and tricks for keeping your hard-earned dollars safe.
FDIC Consumer News Articles
- Tips on Choosing and Using Bank “Rewards”
- Establishing or Rebuilding Credit Scores
- Mobile Banking and Payments
- Ways to Minimize ATM Fees
- Reverse Mortgages
- FDIC Deposit Insurance FAQs